Get Pre-Approved for a Tower Mortgage Loan
With a mortgage pre-approval letter from Tower, you can save time when house hunting and know exactly how much loan you’re approved for!
Pre-approval is part of your Tower mortgage loan application. It’s smart to have your mortgage loan pre-approved—and to request a Tower pre-approval letter—before you begin searching for your new home. Your pre-approval letter to the seller shows that you are a serious buyer. In some areas, real estate agents require a pre-approval letter before showing a buyer a house or submitting an offer to the seller. Your pre-approval letter saves you time when house hunting.
How to get your pre-approval letter
Print this page and refer to these instructions to get your pre-approval letter.
- Choose the mortgage loan option that’s right for you.
- Begin the online mortgage application – you’ll need to create a User ID and password.
- Answer all of the questions on the mortgage application as though you are applying for the mortgage loan.
- Enter the mortgage type that you are most interested in securing.
- Complete the section titled “About Your Home.”
- Estimate the purchase price and down payment amount.
- For the property location, choose “Not Known at this Time.”
- The address line will be automatically entered as “To Be Determined.”
- The city, state and zip will default to your current address. Change your current information to the location of the home you wish to purchase. The zip code will need to match the city.
- When you have completed your mortgage loan application, Loan Status will respond with the result of your loan request.
- Choose Approval Letter to print your pre-approval letter.
Important: Make sure to provide your signed contract immediately to Tower after your contract has been ratified to avoid loan processing delays.
Not a member of Tower Federal Credit Union yet? See if you are eligible to join!
For further assistance, please visit a branch or call our Member Service Center at 301-497-7000 or 866-56-TOWER.
Pre-approval letters are NOT a loan or rate lock commitment. A formal commitment is subject to Tower’s normal credit policies, including a satisfactory review of a real estate appraisal, a credit report, and a verification of all specific information in accordance with secondary market guidelines.
If your Loan-To-Value exceeds 80%, based on the lower of the purchase price or appraised value of the home, your loan approval will be subject to Tower’s ability to obtain Private Mortgage Insurance on your home.
Rates or points provided in pre-qualification or pre-approval letters do not take into consideration possible adjustments based on evaluation of: member’s credit score, Loan-To-Value, Combined Loan-To-Value, subordinate financing, occupancy, appraised value, down payment, property type, property use and loan purpose.