A lifetime of good financial decision-making starts here.
Adults are joint owners of accounts with youths under age 18.
Teens and young adults can tap into our financial technology.
Young people learn how money grows over time.
The best time to pick up any good habit is when you're young. That goes for financial responsibility, too. We're pleased to jump-start the learning process with savings and checking accounts and other services geared to kids, teens, and young adults.
Age 12 and Under
Introduce your child to the benefits of saving and then build from there.
- Parents or guardians can open a Prime Share account in their child's name.
- To earn even higher dividends, open a Share Certificate in your child's name, too.
- As time goes on, teach them how to save for things they need or want with our “You Name It” accounts. They'll see that each deposit gets them closer to that new bike, tech gadget, or concert ticket.
- Parents or guardians may purchase VISA gift cards at a Tower branch to give to their child for a field trip, summer camp, or other purposes.
Guide your teenager toward greater independence with more advanced money management skills.
- Teens 17 and under can have their parents open a Prime Share account in their name
- The teen and parent can also open “You Name It” account and begin saving for college, a first car, or something else important
- Prime Share and "You Name It" accounts feature free Digital Banking and no monthly service fees
- Thirteen- to 17-year-olds can open a Tower checking account, as long as an adult signs on as joint account owner
- $10 minimum opening deposit
- No monthly minimum balance and no monthly fees
- Free Digital Banking
- Free Mastercard® debit card
- Unlimited access to over 30,000 free ATMs nationwide
Whether you're in college or working full time, you can begin making use of Tower's complete menu of loans and financial services.
- Mastercard® credit cards with low rates and convenient online statements
- Personal Line of Credit to give you easy access to additional funds when you need them
- Auto Loans with up to 100% financing
- And it's never too early too start saving for retirement; see our IRA options
Open an Account
Under Age 18
- Visit a Tower branch or call our Member Service Center at 866-56-TOWER. New accounts for minors may not be opened online
- One form of appropriate identification for the minor is required, as well as a signature if the minor is over age 10
- Acceptable ID to open a savings account includes birth certificate, Social Security card, US passport, driver's license, state ID, military dependent ID
- Acceptable ID to open a checking account includes state or government issued ID including, US passport, driver's license, state ID, military dependent ID