$70K Donation to Help Military, Veterans & Children in Need
As part of Tower's recent 70th Anniversary celebration, the TowerCares Foundation made a special $70,000 donation to local charities who support active military, Veterans and children in need.
Seven TowerCares grantees each received $10,000 donations:
- Boys & Girls Club of Annapolis & Anne Arundel County – Located in Annapolis, Md., the Boys & Girls Club of Annapolis & Anne Arundel County provides before- and after-school programs for students in safe, nurturing environment with a focus on community service, outreach, academic success, and career preparation.
- Casey Cares – Casey Cares, located in Columbia, Md., provides ongoing, uplifting palliative support to children diagnosed with critical illness, and their families, in Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Virginia.
- Comfort Cases – Located in Rockville, Md., Comfort Cases provides overnight bags for youth entering the foster care system in Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Virginia. The charity helps to provide basic needs, comfort, and a sense of dignity by giving these children a special bag they can call their own.
- Gigi's Playhouse – Gigi's Playhouse, located in Annapolis Md., seeks to change the way the world views Down syndrome through national campaigns and educational programs, and by empowering individuals with Down syndrome, their families and community.
- Hero Dogs – Located in Brookeville, Md., Hero Dogs trains and provides service companion and therapy animals for disabled Veterans and first responders in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
- Make-A-Wish® Mid-Atlantic – Make-A-Wish® Mid-Atlantic, located in Bethesda, Md. creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses through its Uniformed Services Family Wish Fund, which helps children whose parent(s) are active duty, reserve or Veterans.
- Maryland Center for Veteran Education & Training (MCVET) – Located in Baltimore, Md., MCVET empowers homeless Veterans to achieve economic self-sufficiency and residential stability.
Our Tower team—who have been ardent supporters of the TowerCares mission from the start—voted for and selected the charities to receive the $10,000 donations. The special donation also coincided with our new, refreshed brand, logo and website.
To learn more about the TowerCares Foundation and who we support, visit towercaresfoundation.org.