Travel Tips for Tower Members
Getting ready for travel? Before you take that next international business trip, family vacation, or Caribbean cruise for two, let us help you with some basic tips and precautions.
Inform Tower Before Your Trip
To protect against theft and unauthorized use of your Tower credit and debit cards, Tower monitors your card activity 24 hours a day. If we notice suspicious activity on one of your cards, we'll need a way to contact you while you're on the road—just to confirm if the activity is authorized.
Before your trip, complete the Credit/Debit Travel Notification form. If you are traveling within the next two days:
- Call the Member Service Center to let us know the dates of your trip and where you'll be traveling.
- Give us your cell phone number or out of town contact information so a representative on behalf of Tower's Fraud Service Center can call you if there is a potential problem.
- Add your e-mail address to your contact information, if you will have e-mail access during your trip.
If you receive a message from a Tower representative about possible unauthorized card use, please respond to our phone call in a timely manner. We will place a temporary hold on your card if we do not hear from you. If you find that your card has been temporarily suspended, simply call to remove the hold.
More Travel Tips
- Take Tower's Fraud Service Center toll-free U.S. numbers and collect call numbers with you if going overseas. In the event one of your cards is blocked or if you suspect card fraud, call immediately to request your card be disabled so no further transactions will be authorized.
For Lost, Stolen or Fraudulent Activity
for Credit Cards
Contact Tower during normal business hours
301-497-7000 or 800-787-8328.
After hours, call:
866-570-1238 In the U.S.
515-457-2082 Call collect from outside the U.S.
Fraudulent Activity or to Dispute a Credit Card Charge
866-570-1238 In the U.S.
515-457-5584 Call collect from outside the U.S.
for Debit Cards
During normal business hours, contact Tower at
301-497-7000 or 800-787-8328 and press 4
After hours, contact Tower at
301-497-7000 or 800-787-8328 and press 8
- Sign up for Tower's Home Banking
for safe 24-hour access to your accounts—anytime, anywhere—at your
convenience. Keep track of your debit card purchases, transactions and
account balances online. You can even pay your bills with FREE online Bill Payment while traveling. Sign up for Mobile Banking and e-mail alerts in
Home Banking before you leave for account information and reminders on the go.
- Photocopy the front and back of all your cards and IDs. Take copies with you and keep them in a separate place. If your cards are lost or stolen, you can immediately pull out the copies and cancel the cards.
Credit Card Tips
- Take both a Tower MasterCard® credit card and a debit card with you so you have another form of payment in case one card is lost or stolen.
- Check the expiration date of your credit card before leaving on your trip to make sure it is valid for your travel dates.
- Choose to pay either the total new balance or the minimum payment for the month(s) out of town. Never miss a credit card payment when you set up automatic payments from your Prime Share or Regular Checking account before your trip.
- MasterCard's zero liability policy gives you peace of mind. You won't be responsible for purchases in the event of unauthorized use of your Tower credit card.
A Foreign Transaction Fee of 1.10% will be added to any credit card transaction with a foreign merchant, whether originally made in U.S. dollars or converted from a foreign currency.
Debit Card Tips
- Check the expiration date of your debit card before leaving on your trip to make sure it is valid for your travel dates.
- Memorize your debit card's PIN. If signature transactions fail, use PIN-based transactions.
- If you're in the U.S., save money when you use surcharge-free ATMs. Look for ATMs displaying the MoneyPass, CO-OP Network or Credit Union 24 CU HERE logos. If out of the country, use ATMs with recognizable logos, such as MasterCard.
- MasterCard's zero liability policy gives you peace of mind. You won't be responsible for purchases in the event of unauthorized use of your Tower debit card.
- Some overseas ATMs will only allow access to your checking or savings account.
A Foreign Transaction Fee of 1.10% will be added to any debit card transaction with a foreign merchant, whether originally made in U.S. dollars or converted from a foreign currency.