During these uncertain times, you can count on Tower.
“Tower Federal Credit Union is standing ready to serve its members during this unprecedented time. As always, the well-being of our members, employees and community is our top priority.”
– Richard Stafford, President and CEO
Last Updated: April 27, 2020
We’re Here to Help
As our nation confronts this challenging situation, Tower Federal Credit Union remains committed to serving you and your families as your trusted financial partner.
Loan Payment Relief
NEW Credit Card Assistance
- Skip Credit Card Payments through July: We are automatically waiving the minimum payment due for many* of our credit card members through July. If you are eligible for the automatic payment skips, the minimum payment due on your monthly credit card statement will show $0 and there will be a message informing you that no minimum payment is due. If you do not receive the automatic payment skip and need assistance, please contact us. Interest charges and fees (excluding late fees) will continue to accrue.
- Contact us to request an increase to your MasterCard credit limit.
*Some restrictions apply
Accessing Your Money
- We are waiving early withdrawal penalties on certificates if you need access to your savings.
- Enjoy free access to 30,000 in-network ATMs nationwide to withdraw cash, check balances and make transfers.
If you need to visit one of our local branches, you can feel confident that we continue to implement precautionary measures, including:
- Temporarily restricting all branch lobby access to appointment only to reduce person-to-person interactions. We continue to provide drive-thru service for teller transactions at Arundel Mills, Columbia (Snowden), Gambrills, Laurel, Magothy Beach, Millersville, and Pasadena.
- Increasing social distancing measures by limiting the number of members in a branch at one time.
- Conducting enhanced cleaning and disinfecting in all Tower branches, including all high-touch surfaces.
- Actively monitoring the latest updates and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and local authorities as we make decisions regarding branch hours and access. Please check for the latest information on branch hours and services before visiting.
24/7 Digital Banking and Self-Service
We encourage you to use Tower’s digital tools for self-service and remote banking. You can access your accounts online or use Tower’s Mobile App to view transactions, check balances, make payments, find ATMs, and deposit checks. You also have access to over 30,000 free ATMs for easy access to cash. As always, our Member Service Center is available by phone for your convenience.
Supporting Our Tower Employees
Tower is committed to serving members while keeping employees safe. We’re providing flexibility for employees to telework and are taking extra precautions to ensure our offices are as clean and safe as possible. We are also providing expanded paid leave options for those employees impacted by school or day care closures.
Previous Member Communications
March 18, 2020
For current insights on how today’s news is impacting the markets, including helpful articles and resources, please visit our Tower Wealth Management website.
March 12th, 2020
To our valued members,
We understand that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is a growing health concern. At Tower, the safety and well-being of our members and employees is our top priority. I want to personally share some actions that Tower is taking to protect and assist our members and employees.
- Tower is actively monitoring the latest reports from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and public health agencies and following their recommended guidelines.
- We have enhanced our cleaning procedures in all Tower branches, including providing sanitizing stations and personal cleaning supplies for members and employees.
- We are updating our employee sick leave and travel policies, including educating all employees on best practices recommended by the CDC.
If you have been impacted by COVID-19 and need our support, we’re here to help. Please contact us about financial assistance programs that may be available to you.
In addition, we strongly encourage you to use Tower’s digital tools for self-service and remote banking. You can access your accounts online or use Tower’s Mobile App to view transactions, check balances, make payments, find ATMs, and deposit checks. Our Member Service Center is also available 24/7 for your convenience.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and evaluate additional measures to support our members.
As always, Tower is here to help. It is our honor and privilege to serve you, particularly during challenging times, and we thank you for being a part of Tower Federal Credit Union.