Calling all college (or college-bound) students! The TowerCares Foundation is proud to announce its fourth annual College Scholarship Program. The TowerCares Foundation was created in 2015 to support children in need as well as brave and heroic individuals and their families who sacrificed while protecting our freedom.
Since the scholarship program’s inception in 2018, the Foundation has awarded $75,000 in college scholarships. This year, the Foundation has expanded the program and will award up to ten $5,000 scholarships!
The scholarship is open to all current high school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores and juniors who will be attending an accredited two- or four-year college/university full-time for the 2021-22 academic year.
How to apply
Scholarship entries for the 2021-22 academic year will be accepted April 5, 2021 through May 17, 2021. Only online applications will be accepted. Details.
Click here to register and apply starting April 5, 2021.
The scholarship must be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for course work at accredited, two- or four-year colleges/universities.
The selection process
Scholarship entries will be evaluated by an independent selection committee and recipients will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Academic record/achievements and awards/ honors received
- Community involvement, including volunteerism and extracurricular activities
- The quality and content of two essays of up to 500 words that describe:
- why the applicant feels he or she is deserving of a scholarship including character-enriching circumstances and commitments that bring to life how the applicant made a positive difference in the lives of others; and
- the applicant’s field of study, career goals and if the applicant’s parent(s) have served our country.
The TowerCares Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and a participating charity in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC# 23594). For information about TowerCares, or to make a donation, visit towercaresfoundation.org.