Calling all college (or college-bound) students! The TowerCares Foundation is proud to announce its second annual College Scholarship Program. Once again, the Foundation will award up to five $5,000 scholarships.
The scholarship is open to all current high school seniors and college freshmen, sophomores and juniors who will be attending an accredited two- or four-year college/university full-time for the 2019-20 academic year.
The Selection Process
The scholarship entries will be evaluated by an independent selection committee and recipients will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Academic record/achievements and awards/ honors received
- Community involvement, including volunteerism and extracurricular activities
- The quality and content of two essays of up to 500 words that describe:
- why the applicant feels he or she is deserving of a scholarship; and
- the applicant’s field of study, career goals and if the applicant’s parent(s) have served our country.
- The committee will recognize other circumstances and commitments that reflect on the applicant’s character in a positive manner and/or help the committee understand the applicant’s circumstances. (For example, employment, time spent caring for an elderly or ill relative, etc.)
- TowerCares also wishes to give special consideration to children of those who have served our nation. Therefore, the committee will also take into account the service to our nation of the student’s parent or parents as Department of Defense employees (civilian or military, current/active or retired), and contractors to the Department of Defense.
What can the scholarship money be used for?
The scholarship must be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for course work at accredited, nonprofit two- or four-year colleges and universities.
How to apply
Scholarship entries for the 2019-20 academic year will be accepted April 5, 2019 through May 15, 2019. Only online applications will be accepted.
Click here to register and apply starting April 5, 2019.
The TowerCares Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization created by Tower Federal Credit Union in 2015 to support children in need as well as brave and heroic individuals and their families who sacrificed while protecting our freedom. We are a participating charity in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC #23594).