TowerCares supported the local community with $35,000 in grants and donations to organizations that support our mission during the first quarter of 2019. To see all of the great organizations TowerCares supports, click here.
- Local Food Bank Donations. TowerCares and Tower Federal Credit Union made matching donations to the Maryland Food Bank, Capital Area Food Bank and Anne Arundel County Food & Resource Bank to help replenish food and other necessities depleted by the government shutdown in January.
- Baltimore Research & Education Foundation, Inc. – Baltimore Vets & Pets Foster Program. This program encourages and supports Baltimore-area Veterans to become foster caretakers for shelter animals to promote emotional health and physical activity. The TowerCares grant will help purchase pet supplies and provide veterinary care.
- Camp Attaway. Camp Attaway is a summer day camp program for children in Howard County, ages 7-13, with emotional and behavioral challenges. TowerCares grant funds will help cover the camp cost for families in need.
- Fisher House Foundation – Heroes’ Legacy Scholarship Program. Fisher House builds homes at military and VA medical centers for veterans and military receiving medical treatments. The TowerCares grant will support the Foundation’s Heroes’ Legacy Scholarship program, for children of parents who have died or were disabled while serving our country.
- Zachary Hebda Foundation – Camp Sunrise. Camp Sunrise provides a camping experience for children ages 4-18, who have cancer or have completed cancer treatment. The TowerCares grant will cover the camp cost for five children in need.
- Partners in Care – Veteran Support. The TowerCares grant will help Partners in Care provide elderly Veterans with transportation to medical services and recreational activities through their Ride Partners program.
- Have a Heart and Other Fundraisers. In February, Tower Federal branches participated in the annual Have a Heart campaign for TowerCares. For $1 or more, Tower Federal members could write a loved one’s name on a paper heart and post it in a branch. In March, Tower Federal’s ITS/Ops department held its popular Soup & Salad fundraiser. Together, the two fundraisers raised over $5,000 for TowerCares.