Getting ready for travel? Before you take that next international business trip, family vacation, or Caribbean cruise for two, let us help you with some basic tips and precautions.
Let Us Know, Before You Go
To protect against theft and unauthorized use of your Tower credit and debit cards, Tower monitors your card activity 24 hours a day. If we notice suspicious activity on one of your cards, we’ll need a way to contact you while you’re on the road – just to confirm if the activity is authorized.
Before your trip, let us know so we can help protect against theft or unauthorized card use. Fill out a Travel Notification form in Home Banking, under Additional Services. You can also call the Member Service Center at 301-497-7000 or 800-787-8328. If you receive a message from a Tower representative about possible unauthorized card use, please respond to our phone call as soon as possible. We’ll place a temporary hold on your card if we do not hear from you. If you find that your card has been temporarily suspended, simply call to remove the hold.
- Take Tower’s Fraud Service Center toll-free U.S. numbers and collect call numbers with you if going overseas. In the event one of your cards is blocked or if you suspect card fraud, call immediately to request your card be disabled so no further transactions will be authorized. Learn how to report a lost or stolen card.
- Sign up for Tower’s Home Banking for safe 24-hour access to your accounts – anytime, anywhere. Keep track of your debit card purchases, transactions and account balances online. You can even pay your bills with free online Bill Payment while traveling. Sign up for Mobile Banking and e-mail alerts in Home Banking before you leave so you can receive account information and reminders on the go.
- Photocopy the front and back of all your cards and IDs. Take copies with you and keep them in a separate place. If your cards are lost or stolen, you can immediately pull out the copies and cancel the cards.
Credit Card Tips
- Take both a Tower Mastercard® credit card and a debit card with you so you have another form of payment in case one card is lost or stolen.
- Check the expiration date of your credit card before leaving on your trip to make sure it is valid for your travel dates.
- Choose to pay either the total new balance or the minimum payment for the month(s) out of town. Never miss a credit card payment when you set up automatic payments from your Prime Share or Regular Checking account before your trip.
- Mastercard’s Zero Liability policy gives you peace of mind. You won’t be responsible for purchases in the event of unauthorized use of your Tower credit card.
A Foreign Transaction fee of 1.10% will be added to any credit card transaction with a foreign merchant, whether originally made in U.S. dollars or converted from a foreign currency.
Debit Card Tips
- Check the expiration date of your debit card before leaving on your trip to make sure it is valid for your travel dates.
- Memorize your debit card’s PIN. If signature transactions fail, use PIN-based transactions.
- If you’re in the U.S., save money when you use surcharge-free ATMs. Look for ATMs displaying the MoneyPass, CO-OP Network or Credit Union 24 CU HERE logos. If out of the country, use ATMs with recognizable logos, such as Mastercard.
- Mastercard’s Zero Liability policy gives you peace of mind. You won’t be responsible for purchases in the event of unauthorized use of your Tower debit card.
- Some overseas ATMs will only allow access to your checking or savings account.
A Foreign Transaction fee of 1.10% will be added to any debit card transaction with a foreign merchant, whether originally made in U.S. dollars or converted from a foreign currency.
Helpful Sites for Travelers
No matter where you’re going, enjoy your trip! Let us know if we can do anything to help you prepare.
Not a member of Tower Federal Credit Union yet? See if you are eligible to join!